July 15, 2010
CNN's Intellectual Terror
However, last week, Octavia Nasr was fired not for Ajami like views but for her expression of respect to Fadlallah after the cleric passed away.
Consequences of this act:
1) Erosion of freedom of speech in the US for some journalists who will chose to shut up due to fear for their carreer.
2) Erosion of freedom of speech for many Arab Americans whose atavic self-censorship, bred by decades of dictatorship, will be awakened.
3) Help the case of those who claim Jooz control US media.
Posted by Shaheen at July 15, 2010 04:29 PM
Filed Under: Press Freedom
TrackBack URL for this entry:
4) Idiot journalist finds another line of work.
5) Other idiots display typical wanton ignorance by conflating the exercise of private freedom of association with suppression of public freedom of speech.
6) Meanwhile, further idiots praise CNN for firing the moron.
Posted by: blue92 at July 16, 2010 10:02 PM